Hiring Organization / Company: Pathfinder International
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Pathfinder is seeking a Chief of Party for the USAID/Egypt Osra FP Activity. The primary purpose of the Activity is to improve family health outcomes through increased uptake of FP and women’s empowerment.
The COP has an appropriate balance of leadership, managerial, technical, and interpersonal skills and experience. They have a deep understanding of the overall goals and objectives of the donor funded program and will be able to articulate the strategic vision for the project. They have demonstrated experience inspiring and motivating teams in complex environments. They also have experience interacting with host country agencies, including central and local government, USAID, development partners, civil society, and community-based organizations. The COP has the overall responsibility for coordination of all project activities and staff, ensuring project objectives and targets are met, representing the project to the donor and key stakeholders, including government officials, partners, and others.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Strategic Development and Implementation: Provides strategic direction on all project activities. Develops and updates the project work plan, ensuring programmatic approaches are technically sound, evidence-based, and consistent with donor priorities.
- Project Implementation: Ensures the project achieves the greatest possible impact, including providing the necessary leadership to inspire and motivate the project team to implement performance objectives and mandates in a timely and cost-efficient fashion. Meets the highest quality standards and value for money and ensures project compliance with donor rules/regulations and Pathfinder SOPs, including technical guidelines.
Pathfinder Representation: Serves as the senior representative for the Project to the donor, host country government agencies, development partners, and civil society organizations. Cultivates and strengthens positive, productive
- relationships and ensures that Pathfinder is consistently viewed as an effective implementing partner and achieves project targets.
- Monitoring and Evaluation Strategy: In collaboration with the MEL Advisor, provide leadership and direction to ensure robust monitoring and evaluation strategies, frameworks, plans, systems and indicators to capture and monitor/evaluate project resources, performance and results.
- Financial and Operations Management: In collaboration with the Finance and Operations Director, establish and maintain the ongoing financial and grants operations, including monthly pipeline reviews to ensure accountability of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of finance deliverables.
- Internal Partnerships: Partner successfully with Pathfinder’s Program Director and US-based financial, technical, and operations officers by providing accurate and timely reporting, updates on the project progress, monitor quality of project implementation, and coordinate provision of relevant technical assistance based on project needs.
Security Monitoring: Ensure that appropriate security guidelines and procedures are established, maintained, updated regularly, and adhered to by staff. Monitor the security situation and provide leadership for staff in emergencies.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Program Management: Experience in program management and administration, financial management, award compliance and sub award management, and tracking activity performance and costs.
- Leadership: Demonstrated leadership skills in working collaboratively with other donors, host country institutions, and international organizations.
- Relationship Building: Demonstrated depth and breadth of relevant technical expertise and experience, interpersonal skills and professional relationships.
- Management and Supervision: Proven ability to lead, manage, and develop direct reports within a matrix culture.
- Operations and Financial Management: Deep knowledge of operations and financial management on a donor funded project.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using Arabic and English language
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Advanced degree in public health, social sciences, or related field.
- Over 10 years of progressive program management experience overseeing donor funded projects.
- Professional experience working in a senior management position for USAID-funded projects.
- Professional experience working in a senior management position for donor funded projects.
- Experience interacting with host country agencies, including central and local government, development partners, civil society, and community-based organizations is essential.
- This position will be based in Egypt
- Ability to travel in country (up to 35%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is likely one of the hardest jobs this present day. Usually, you will don’t have any clue the place or what to look for in the job market. The great thing is that you are not on your own. There are several other folks in the market who are jobless such as you. Discovering a job even in a commercial center will also be easy if you realize where to start out. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed here are pointers that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job corporations are an incredible and regularly overlooked hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms regularly supply important training, property, and systems for job seekers. Those corporations will also be in particular helpful for younger job seekers or those with little operating enjoy. A simple Internet scan for job firms on your areaought to uncover where and tips on how to get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many companies select to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The tip purpose for that may be to economize on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally businesses likewise provide firms the way of screening candidates. Employment services and products can usually be a sooner and no more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise become into an enduring task for the individuals who perform neatly right through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
It is a waste of cash when money is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible if you are on a job. It is smarter to make use of the money to pay for bills.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.