Hiring Organization / Company: German University Cairo
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
open until filled
Social Sciences, Graphic Design
German University Cairo
Vacancy for: Faculty of Applied Science and Arts
Ref Code: II8.3.1
The German University in Cairo invites applications for the following vacancies to be filled during the academic year 2021/2022.
The German University in Cairo is looking for highly able and motivated applicants wishing to join The Graphic Design Department. Successful candidates will be expected to contribute to undergraduate and graduate teaching. The position will focus on teaching the students how to develop and create both Arabic and Latin typefaces from sketching to digitizing. The applicant should have previous experience in Arabic and Latin calligraphy, lettering, type setting, and glyphs software. Typography and Layout experience would be an asset.
- Applicants for the position of a Lecturer/Instructor should hold a master degree or German diploma.
- Applicants for the position of a Lecturer should have at least 5 years of practical and 3 years of teaching experience.
- Applicants for a position of an Instructor should have a minimum 3 years of practical experience, teaching experience would be an asset.
- Knowledgeable about current and future approaches within the field of design.
- Curiosity to widen the perception within the design discipline and thus create a foundation for design oriented actions and mindsets.
- Strong commitment to progressive design education principles regarding a self organized and responsible design study.
- Understanding of the implications of design practice within social, cultural, economic, scientific or technological contexts.
- Ability to work well with colleagues from diverse cultural backgrounds, professional experience and aesthetic sensibilities.
- Ability to structure and define project goals in order to foster and motivate positive experiences.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills in English, which is the teaching language.
- Good management skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, communicate and motivate effectively.
- An interest in working collaboratively within the GUC and with external partners towards the development of shared projects.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their curriculum vitae including: employment history, a statement outlining research and teaching interests, list of publications and projects undertaken and names of at least three referees, motivational letter and an online access to a portfolio of their work. Applications to be submitted using the below link by referencing posting: #ref II8.3.1
Submissions will be reviewed until the position is filled.
For further information, please contact the Human Resources Department
Job Location Information:
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you’re not kidding about on the lookout for Jobs, you will agree that it is among the toughest jobs nowadays. Most often, you’re going to haven’t any clue the place or what to search for within the job market. The great factor is that you’re not alone. There are a few other people out there who are jobless like you. Discovering a job even in a industrial center will also be simple if you already know the place to begin. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are pointers to help you in finding your dream job.
1. Job Centers
Job firms are an unbelievable and regularly lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms often supply very important training, property, and methods for activity seekers. Those corporations can be particularly helpful for younger job seekers or those with little running experience. A easy Web scan for job firms to your areaought to uncover the place and methods to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many corporations make a choice to have their positions dispatched by way of temporal companies. The end purpose for that is to save money on representative advantages like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise give firms the way of screening candidates. Employment services can regularly be a quicker and less daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company may likewise turn into into a long lasting activity for the individuals who carry out smartly all over their running.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money when cash is now tight in the first place. In fact, the money you pay for job finding websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It’s smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.