Hiring Organization / Company: Sandvine
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
Transform the way the world runs networks
Solutions Engineers at Sandvine are smart passionate people able to solve complex problems, implement the most robust, high quality solutions on the planet and providing post implementation support. If you like working on the latest advances in the internet with engineers who thrive in a collaborative, global organization and if you have the skills and technical chops to challenge how to get stuff done and then do it. Here at Sandvine we let you thrive in your role while rewarding top talent in an environment where we play just as hard as we work.
- Be part of the team responsible for the end-to-end delivery and support of a Sandvine technical solution working on the final system integration and implementation for a customer. Activities that include:
- Understanding and implementing solution designs prepared by a Solutions Architect
- Coding/Development of complex policies/configurations for Sandvine solutions
- Test planning and test execution both in lab and live customer networks
- Executing internal and customer facing acceptance test plans for Sandvine solutions
- Required to ensure completion of project deliverables within designated timeframe, allocated budget, and strict quality control while maintaining high level of customer satisfaction in a rapid and agile environment
- Working closely with customers by listening and understanding the reported problems, and able to clearly explain basic technical information to the customers over the phone and email
- following defined processes, getting engaged within the team environment and learning from the team
- Management of defect entry, tracking, and escalation
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Ability to identify when help is required in a timely manner.
- Part of an on-call rotational schedule
- Continuously learn and be the subject matter expert on Sandvine’s products and solutions portfolio
- Interface with Sandvine internal groups (Customer Success, Product Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance, Sales ) to continuously improve, innovate and provide timely updates
What skills you bring:
- BTech or MTech (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in software development in the Telecommunication or related Industry
- Commanding knowledge of Unix based operating systems such as Linux, FreeBSD etc.
- Hands-on experience with the installation, configuration, and/or operation of network equipment such as Cisco, Juniper or other network hardware manufacturers
- Excellent technical background with a strong understanding of networking (specifically IP related technologies)
- Experience in Quality Assurance testing
- Excellent understanding of end-to-end network call flows, as well as relevant technologies & protocols (DNS, HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, RADIUS, DIAMETER, GRE, SIP, RTP, MGCP, H.323,RTCP)
- Excellent background of packet level debugging using Wireshark, tcpdump, tcpreplay or similar tools
- Good experience in Data communication industry with different operator networks for Wireline (Cable, DSL, FTTH) and/or Wireless (Satellite, Wi-Fi, LTE, GPRS-3G, CDMA-3G, WiMAX, GSM, UMTS,4G and 5G)
- Experience in a technical product lab setting or operational network environment
- Good Understanding of :
- Virtualization technologies (VMware, KVM)
- Virtual concepts like: NUMA, SRIOV, PCI-Passthrough, Virtio
- Experience in programming or scripting languages such as Java, C/C++, python, Perl etc.
- Experience with SQL databases, network traffic monitoring, or firewall technologies – especially in a Telecom, ISP, or Cable Internet environment
- Willingness to mentor and coach other junior team members
Additional Knowledge and Skills
- Basic Understanding of :
- Cloud architecture (OpenStack, AWS, Google cloud, AWS,…), containers and orchestration concepts (kubernetes, swarm) and familiar with tools like Ansible, Docker,Jenkins,…
- NFV particularly around MANO/ONAMP
- Billing and charging concepts such as Online Charging and Policy Enforcement (OCS, PCRF, PCEF)
- Exposure to and understanding of web application concepts like P2P, VoIP, WAP, MMS, RTSP
- Basic Knowledge of modern web applications using Ajax and REST API’s will be advantageous
- Understanding of data modelling, DB administration, Vertica /SQL/PostgreSQL/, ETL/Cubes and/or BI in general (microstrategy, tableau, elastic search, kibana, grafana)
Networks are evolving and operators need to keep up. At Sandvine, we’re working with innovative customers who are looking to embrace change and constantly improve. By combining analytics, machine learning, and automation, we help hundreds of network operators around the world make their networks run simpler and smarter – all while exceeding their expectations.
As a Sandviner, you will take on new challenges, learn from industry leaders, and contribute to creative solutions as part of a growing team that is transforming the way the world runs networks.
What Can You Expect From Us
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible working hours – in some roles work from home
- Employee development including training programs and mentorship
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- International travel opportunities- we are a global company
Thank-you for your interest in Sandvine. While we’re not able to reach out to everyone who applies, we will contact you if your skills and experience are a match for the role. Otherwise, we’ll keep your resume in case there is a match with future opportunities.
In the meantime, if you want to learn more about life at Sandvine, follow us on Twitter (@Sandvine) and Facebook (Facebook.com/Sandvine).
Sandvine is committed to supporting a culture of inclusion, diversity and accessibility to employment for all. We are proud to operate as an equal opportunity employer.
- The Sandvine Global Talent Acquisition Team
Job Location Information:
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the toughest jobs these days. Usually, you will haven’t any clue where or what to search for within the job market. The great thing is that you’re not by yourself. There are several folks out there who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a commercial center will also be easy if you realize where to start. Before you begin your job looking procedure, listed below are tips that will help you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an implausible and repeatedly lost sight of hots pot for locating Jobs. Job firms recurrently supply essential coaching, belongings, and methods for process seekers. Those companies can also be particularly useful for younger job seekers or those with little working enjoy. A simple Web experiment for job firms in your areashould uncover the place and get to them.
2. Temporal companies
Many corporations select to have their positions dispatched by means of temporal companies. The tip objective for that may be to save cash on representative benefits like healthcare. Temporally agencies likewise supply companies the way in which of screening applicants. Employment services can repeatedly be a quicker and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise turn into into an enduring activity for the individuals who carry out neatly during their working.
3. Free job look products and services
This can be a waste of money when money is now tight within the first place. In fact, the cash you pay for job searching websites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.