Hiring Organization / Company: Hostpapa
Basic Salary: To Be Discussed
Employement Type: Full-Time
HostPapa Inc. is a leading web hosting and cloud services provider for small- to medium-sized businesses, with over half a million websites hosted worldwide.
One of Canada’s fastest-growing technology companies, HostPapa is based in Burlington, Ontario, but our workforce is almost entirely remote (even before COVID!), allowing us to hire the best and brightest talent from all corners of the world.
We are looking for someone with advanced FreeBSD, cPanel web hosting, and server administration to join our amazing Technical Support team. This is a remote position where you will be working from your home environment.
Schedule (all on Eastern time Toronto):
- 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
- 7:00 pm - 4:00 am
- 2:00 am - 11:00 am
What you’ll do:
- Solve customers’ technology issues and communicate with them via a ticketing system (email).
- Install, configure, maintain, and solve errors for content management systems including, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.
- Deploy security and PHP updates in the FreeBSD environment.
- Review email logs, determine why an error is happening, and solve it.
- Troubleshoot why a website is slow or not loading.
- Handle migrations from external providers to our servers.
- Ensure the migrations are completed successfully with no errors or issues.
- Work with cPanel scripts to tweak settings or fix accounts.
- Provide customers with a “WOW!” experience.
- Two years of experience working as a technical support representative in a web hosting environment.
- Experience with FreeBSD it’s a must.
- Experience with cPanel/WHM servers at root level it’s a must.
- Quickly and successfully diagnose and mitigate typical web hosting problems, examples include: mail deliverability, CPU load, Apache outages, and similar technical issues in different operating systems(Centos, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, etc.).
- Knowledge of virtualization systems (KVM and Xen) on both the hypervisor and guest VM levels.
- Basic bash scripting skills and ability to understand basic bash scripts.
- Ability to work independently and proactively with a drive to learn, improve, and advance.
- Good communication skills, using grammatically correct and well-spoken verbal and written English, resulting in being able to politely and successfully communicate with other team members, departments, or 3rd party vendors regularly.
- Own Linux or macOS workstation, regularly updated and secured.
- Experience with Windows Server.
- Experience with Plesk Onyx.
- Experience with DirectAdmin.
What we offer:
- Work from anywhere - this is a remote opportunity
- A competitive salary that values you and your unique skill sets
- Career advancement & professional development opportunities to help you reach your full potential
- Flexible work arrangements to support work/life balance
At HostPapa, we’ve been committed to providing a complete array of enterprise-grade cloud services solutions to every business owner since 2006. These services, traditionally out of reach to smaller businesses, are offered in a one-stop shop, making it quick and easy for customers to select the services they need to grow. We back these offerings with 24/7 award‑winning customer support in four languages.
Our HostPapa family values diversity and inclusion. We have a friendly company culture built on trust and respect spanning the entire company. With the acquisition of several companies into our product portfolio within the past year, we’re growing at an incredible rate and have ample opportunities for career growth.
Come join our talented team of enthusiastic, hard-working, passionate, driven people engaged in meaningful, innovative work. We can’t wait to meet you!
HostPapa is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of our diverse team.
HostPapa is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please let us know, and we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Job Location Information:
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Share this job on:
Top 10 Tips When Finding a Job
If that you are not kidding about looking for Jobs, you are going to agree that it is without doubt one of the hardest jobs nowadays. Normally, you’re going to have no clue the place or what to search for in the job market. The good thing is that you’re not on your own. There are several other people in the market who are jobless such as you. Finding a job even in a business center can also be simple if the place to start. Before you begin your job searching procedure, here are guidelines that can assist you to find your dream job.
1. Job Facilities
Job firms are an out of this world and commonly lost sight of hots pot for finding Jobs. Job firms commonly provide important coaching, belongings, and techniques for task seekers. These companies can also be specifically useful for young job seekers or those with little running enjoy. A simple Web experiment for job firms to your areaought to discover the place and how to get to them.
2. Temporal agencies
Many firms make a choice to have their positions dispatched by temporal companies. The end purpose for that may be to economize on consultant advantages like healthcare. Temporally companies likewise give companies the way of screening applicants. Employment services and products can recurrently be a sooner and not more daunting job than finding direct employment. An employment company might likewise develop into into a long-lasting activity for the people who carry out smartly right through their working.
3. Free job look services and products
This can be a waste of cash when money is now tight within the first place. After all, the cash you pay for job searching sites is imposed deductible in case you are on a job. It is smarter to use the money to pay for expenses.
4. Look at the nearby school
When finding a job, never forget your school. Some schools additionally have coordinate contract positions, so check with them can be useful in finding a new career. If you talk with your teachers, they will be on the lookout for positions that match your training and experience. Some schools may need you to go to their offices for an informal interview. Here you can step through an examination on their PC. You’ll talk with a recruiter to examine exactly what you want.
Newspapers are often an overlooked apparatus for finding Jobs. Smaller businesses still use newspapers as their method when looking for Job applicants. Most newspapers will have their job listings online too. Some may ask the companies to have the listings online. There could be listings in the paper that don’t appear online.
6. Foot hunts
If that you are tired by ineffective attempts at finding a job using one of the above methods, getting out and looking for employers will yield better results. Showing up in person often demonstrates determination and initiative that most employers will find alluring in a potential representative.
7. Online Forums
Joining online forums is another good way of finding your new job. Here you will get companies that are ready to hire you and work with you. Make sure that you join as many online job finding as possible. Ensure that you describe your profile well so that your employers can know who you are.
8. Look at corporate websites
Most corporate websites are good places that can give a job. Look for websites and companies which you would love work with. On the careers page find out if there an open vacancy which matches your expertise. You can also send an email to the HR and ask for consideration.
9. Ask friends
Friends are the best at finding jobs. Before you go out, call all your friends and ask if they have any job connections that match your skills. In most cases, the job search connection will be wide and at last, you will land on one vacancy.
10. Make application regularly
Never be tired of applying. Make sure that you keep on applying for the new jobs that are posted every day. Avoid mentioning that you have done ten applications so far.
When finding a Job, don’t waste time on applications that are complicated for a job you don’t know if you want. Don’t open positions that are not exactly what you want. Tap on them thinking that it may be an approach to get your foot in the entryway.